Pages

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Simon's Sketchbook Sunday: joe&friends


joe&friends, originally uploaded by leifpeng.

What did I tell you? Once Si starts drawing a new character he attacks it like he's a character designer exploring this new guy until he completely understands him. Here's a random page I found laying around the house. There's Joe in the middle again and some funny, freaky friends. I love how Si's jokes are based on the irony of each character's situation: "Where'd he go?" asks the guy with nine eyes. "He's over there," says the little guy with no eyes!

Of course.

4 comments:

Doug said...

These are great! My favorite is the humana, humana, humana comment.... it sounds so familar... but I can't quite place it. Funny!

leifpeng said...

That would be "Wolfie" from the Tex Avery classic "Red Hot Ring Hood" Jonesy. We raise our children right up here, y'know! ;-)

leifpeng said...

Oops! I mean "Riding" of course! ;-)

steve said...

Your site rules leif! I'll bet your kids love the fact that you post their work on your site. Love your Illustration Friday stuff too.